Three lodgings including a troglodyte
full of charm for your vacation
close to Saumur!
The family domain Duez-Mery de la Tourette, at “Clos-de-la-Croix-Verte”, Anne-Sophie and Jean-Baptiste will welcome you in a calm, serene and peaceful environment in the heart of the vineyards.
A very comfortable haven of peace suitable for all four seasons. Summer and winter, you will feel right at home!
Many activities, visits and hiking are possible in the surroundings. Without forgetting to mention the superb ballads of the Loire by bike. For this purpose we rent vintage family bikes. You will be able to explore our magnificent region, this unspoiled natural environment, through the plots of vines.
The cottage for your stay is located in the heart of the SAUMUR controlled appellation vineyard, close to many Loire châteaux. At the crossroads of the departments of Vienne (86), Maine-et-Loire (49) and Indre-et-Loire (37), you will reside in the hamlet of Tourette, in the town of SAIX (86120 – Vienna), either to:
• 4 km as the crow flies from the golf course of Loudun Fontevraud – Domaine de Roiffé (86),
• 6 km from the Royal Abbey of Fontevraud via the military camp (49),
• 7 km from the Château de Brézé and its exceptional underground passage (49),
• 12 km from the medieval city of Montreuil-Bellay (49),
• 16 km from the Château de Saumur (49), and the Cadre Noir de Saumur (49),
• 19 km from the Renaudot de Loudun Museum and its square tower (86),
• 22 km from the medieval city of Chinon and its castle (37),
• 32 km from Rigny-Ussé castle (inspiring “Sleeping Beauty”) (37),
• 38 km from Richelieu, the only French town with 17th century architecture (37),
• 46 km from the castle of Azay-le-Rideau (37),
• 72 km from Futuroscope (86),
By staying here, you can explore the cultures of Touraine, Anjou and Poitou, or simply enjoy the nearby surroundings.